The purpose of the Regional Chamber Alliance (RCA)/Legislative Forum, comprised of committee members representing the La Mirada, Norwalk, Pico Rivera, Santa Fe Springs and Whittier chambers of commerce, is to study legislative issues on the state and federal levels and make recommendations to each chambers board of directors to support favorable or oppose detrimental legislation related to business and the overall welfare to the community. Sign Up for this Committee
- Monitor state and federal regulations, which may be detrimental to the success of local business development.
- Study needs of the community concerning legislative and government relations and offer suggestions to each chambers board of directors if action is warranted.
- Study and inform membership concerning state and federal legislation affecting business and arrange for grass roots support for or opposition to specific legislation.
- To work closely with the legislative departments of both the state and national chambers of commerce.
- Arrange for research and preparation for testimony to represent each chamber or collectively as the Regional Chamber Alliance before legislative hearings when needed.
To meet monthly and study state and federal issues affecting business and make recommendations to each chambers board of directors. Communication to state and federal legislators will reflect the collective viewpoint of the RCA/Legislative Forum. In addition, each chamber reserves the right to communicate individually with legislators.
Membership on this committee will not be limited in number.
CALIFORNIA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
CALIFORNIA STATE ASSEMBLY
CALIFORNIA STATE SENATE
COALITION FOR CALIFORNIA JOBS
LEAGUE OF CALIFORNIA CITIES
OFFICIAL CALIFORNIA LEGISLATIVE INFORMATION
U.S. CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
OFFICE OF GOVERNOR JERRY BROWN
CONGRESSWOMAN GRACE NAPOLITANO
SENATOR RON S. CALDERON
ASSEMBLYMEMBER TONY MENDOZA
LOS ANGELES COUNTY SUPERVISOR DON KNABE, 4TH DISTRICT REPRESENTATIVE